Saturday, April 15, 2006

Lefty Love

Moderates and independents must suffer strange bedfellows. This morning (4/15/06), a Washington Post article on liberal bloggers describes in minute detail the rage and hatred of the left. I’ve haven’t been paying attention to my southpaw pals during the long period of angst caused by my former friends on the right. But today I feel like a circus bareback rider straddling two wild steeds racing toward a blazing hoop. I see it clearly, the animals verge left and right, and I’m thrown through the conflagration to my doom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/14/AR2006041401648.html?referrer=emailarticle

Just as I receive court papers finalizing my divorce from the right, I learn that my new love is even more outrageous than the kooks I’ve been railing against. When I was a boy – no need to remind that it was long, long ago – there was a radio soap opera with a lead in that went something like, “Can an innocent farm girl from the Midwest find happiness as the wife of…” While no innocent farm girl, I’m still shocked by the rage on both sides of the political spectrum and worry how this wild adventure will turn out.

I’ve made my speeches of denunciation and farewell to the right. Their outrageous behavior made it impossible for me to go on living under the same roof. But on my way to the bower of my new flame, I learn that Lefty Love is nothing but a smearing slime ball. What can an innocent moderate do under such awful conditions? I can’t turn back and forgive these idiots for Iraq, Katrina, port security, failed Social Security reform, and a thousand and one other blunders.

There is no other course but to proceed with the divorce and to sign a pre-nup with my loutish seducers. If the adults (so called) running the Democratic Party cannot assure that their wildly outraged hippy anarchist offspring are not brought and kept under control that as a sober and forthright adult, I will simply walk away from them as well.

Nothing brings forth the need for divided government like listening to the base of both parties.

Democrats in ’06 and ’08, Republicans in ’10. Commitment to adulthood, that’s the moderate cry – boohoo.

Blog on!

Wild Bill

No comments: