Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Be Sure to Vote

It was my goal to work like a madman through the congressional elections in November to push the message that President Bush has made a strategic blunder of unprecedented proportions by attacking Iraq in the guise of furthering our struggle with terrorism. In my view, he and his administration have undermined much of what America stands for and they and those in Congress who support them must be rejected at the polls.

For more than two years, beginning as a member of a relatively small minority, I worked tirelessly to produce postings designed to divide the government; to me the single most important means of assuring our personal liberties and sane public policies. I made almost three hundred postings, most in this vein, and it was my goal to continue this work until the election when I was going to retire from the fight, exhausted.

Fortunately for me and my readers, I do not have to continue the mad pace of a blog posting almost every day. The mainstream media and tens of thousands of bloggers have picked up the gauntlet and the airwaves, blogosphere, and the print media are filled almost to overflowing with pieces that bear uncanny resemblance to what I’ve been publishing for these many months.

This administration, contrary to all its predecessors, has encouraged fear in the hearts of Americans. Instead of leading the nation and asking for sacrifice, the president has called for the people to delegate their rights to the central government and to leave the governing and protecting to George.

Now even many Republicans (of which I was one until the build up to attack Iraq) are picking up their cudgels and joining the millions in pounding on the administration for its excesses. So, unless I think of something that is fresh and creative to say about my world, I’m going to kick back and watch the electorate correct the course of the ship of state.

BE SURE TO VOTE!!! You can make a difference.

Blog on!

Wild Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i was a boy of 10 i heard my president on radio say we have nothing to fear except fear itself. now i am a old man of 75 and my president tells me of the 20 foot tall terrorist that i should fear if i dont vote as he tells me. screw him and the elephant he rode in on '

Anonymous said...

sigh . . . you percieve your never ending task is finished?! Edmund Burke said it best: the only think necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

the election day is still more than a month away. You cannot quit yet.